Summary of MIA seminar with HRDF on 23/3/2021
1. Before 1st March 2021, any activities/industry covered under 1st Schedule
- Mining & Quarrying
2. After 1st March 2021, industry/sectors/activity under 1st Schedule is a mandatory category
- Employer with min 10 local employees
- 1% from total gross salary + fixed allowances
- Section 14 Imposition of levy
P.U (A) 84 Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (Amendment of first schedule) order 2021
3. Exemption levy payment from 1.3.2021 – 31.5.2021 under P.U (A) 85 Pembangunan Sumber Manusia Berhad (Exemption of levy) order 2021
4. Objective to expansion – increase training opportunities for all employees, to up-skilling, and to prepare a future-ready workforce against technology displacement.
5. Please submit Form 1 even though a dormant company with no staff, just for HRDF record. If not required, they will email to reply to you. Except for voluntary register
How to submit Form 1
Step 1 – Scan all the document as per requirement
Step 2 – go to the HRDF website and click register here
Step 3 – Fill in Form 1 and attached all the information
Step 4 – Click submit
Step 5 – within 7 days process.
(i) Details of submission officer
Please put the account email instead of the boss email. Because HRDF maybe clarifies with the submission document.
(ii) Employer Integrity Pledge
No compulsory to be filling.
(iii) Employee with 5-9 Malaysian employees are given the option to register with HRDF
Tick for voluntary registration only. If not, please tick.
6. How do you define employees?
Employee included office boy, coffee lady, receptionist excluded internship.
“Contract of service” means any agreement, whether oral or in writing and whether express or implied, whereby one person agrees to employ another as an employee and that other agrees to serve his employer as an employee and includes an apprenticeship contract
7. What are wages?
- Basic salary + fixed allowance
“Wages” means the basic salary and fixed allowances or other emoluments of like nature paid in cash by or on behalf of an employer to an employee and includes any leave pay and arrears of wages.
Not included any pension fund. Provident fund, retirement fund, retrenchment, termination, any traveling allowance, gratuity, bonus, commission, director fee.
8. How to refund?
- No refund - For striking off the company.
- De-registered –
(i) Has do re-registered within a period of two years from the date of deregister shall continue to be eligible to receive any financial assistance.
(ii) If not re-register within a period of two years, the financial assistance will lose.
Can deregister under Section 14A decrease to below ten for three consecutive months.
9. How to claim?
- The courses need to approve by the HRDF organization.
- The claimable is based on your account balance has a minimum of 50% of the training fee. Disbursement by 2 times when the account has sufficient balance.
10. Any update for new staff or resign staff?
- No need to register and update new staff information in the system. You only required to fill in the total paid 1% of the number of employees during the contribution.
Wisma 𝐊𝐓𝐏, 53 Jalan Molek 1/8, Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru
Wisma 𝐓𝐇𝐊, 41, Jalan Molek 1/8, Taman Molek, 81100 Johor Bahru
𝐊𝐓𝐏 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐲𝐥𝐞 (Our internal community for our colleagues)
𝐊𝐓𝐏 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐫 (Our job platform for interns, graduates & experienced candidates )
𝐓𝐇𝐊 (Our associate in secretarial & accounting services)
We are one-stop (20 years+ history) audit, tax, secretarial, accounting and payroll firms which commit to help and grow our clients business.
Published : 25-Mar-2021